We are looking to expand our team with new members that’s all about writing code. In our small dev team, we do (almost) everything ourselves. As a Senior Backend Developer, you will take full ownership of several features and modules of our software, from idea to production, and build scalable, highly available, robust systems and ensure their continuous delivery.
Your role in the team
In our fast-paced development team we implement and maintain our products and features, both existing and new. You will be joining a team that consists of members within various disciplines where the focus of your role will include things like:
- Code in our backend webservices in PHP, Kotlin, and NodeJS.
- Design models and API’s that extend over time.
- Debugging and troubleshooting.
- Challenge our architecture, propose changes, and ultimately implement and own them.
Collaboration is something that we highly value. You will be collaborating not only with your fellow team members but also other people in the organization, like support, product managers, and more.
We also see mentoring as a natural part of the role and we expect that you will be helping, teaching and supporting your fellow developers and non-technical colleagues. This is something that we merely don’t want you to see as “just another obligation”, but rather is something that you enjoy doing.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with a few years of experience and who thrive in a varied role, whether it’s developing new features, fixing bugs, tweaking the build process or participate in technical discussions, you're all about it. You are pragmatic and just love creating things with code.
You may or may not have worked in a small team before, however it’s something you feel excited about doing. We take great pride in working closely together and helping each other out, and you do too.
Things that we think you need for this role:
- 3+ years solid experience of either PHP or Kotlin
- 3+ years API development experience
- 5+ years programming experience
- A talent for understanding, explaining, and solving problems of great complexity
- A high attention to details and quality
- A strong sense of responsibility, backed by mental persistence and grit
- A motivation for teamwork and willingness to learn and grow as a team
Other experiences that would come in handy:
- Advanced PHP Server development with user management, high traffic load, content management, and access control layers.
- Java (for web service development), Kotlin, NodeJS, Typescript,
- Authentication system development (for example with homemade OAuth implementation, or using third-party services as Auth0 or AWS Cognito),
- Calendar or user integrations towards GSuite, Office 365, or Outlook Exchange.
- Cloud infrastructure platforms as AWS or Azure
What we offer
Limitless possibilities to create your own dream role within Meetio, a fast-paced work environment where idea to implementation is only limited by one’s own ingenuity. We value smart individuals, simplicity in execution, and reliability.
Besides great coworkers, challenging and rewarding work and an inspiring environment we also offer the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan and insurance
- Monday morning breakfast, daily fruits and unlimited amounts of coffee
- A generous "friskvårdsbidrag"
- One hour a week for hitting the gym, taking a jog etc. during working hours
- No "karensavdrag" when you are home sick
- Extended parental leave and VAB contribution
- A computer and a phone of your choice with free calls and data included
- Yearly bonus trip opportunity
Sounds pretty good, right? Apply only with a few clicks.
Do you have a GitHub account with any fun projects? Or maybe you like to help other people in the developer community over at StackOverflow? Let us know!
Meetio is a Malmö based software company fully committed to improving the workplace and meeting culture for our customers. We develop software that bridge the gap between the digital calendar and physical workspace to better utilize meeting rooms and increase personal productivity. We are a tightly knit team, steering a self-funded and profitable growing company.
Our solutions can be found at organizations all over the world, from cutting-edge tech companies in Silicon Valley to Dutch Universities and Asian National Banks.
Meetio´s core values are Smart, Simple and Reliable. This goes for our culture as well as our products. Be smart, don’t overcomplicate things and work together as a team. We promise you’ll have a great time doing it!