We’re looking for a tech-savvy, customer-oriented Sales Development Representative, for our Portland, Oregon team, who thrives in the varied environment of a scaling company, international company.
Meetio, founded in Sweden, is fully committed to improving the workplace and meeting culture for our customers. Meetio develops software that bridges the gap between the digital calendar and physical workspace to better utilize meeting rooms and increase personal productivity. We are a tightly knit team, steering a self-funded and profitable growing company.
Meetio is continuously expanding the team and 2020 brings a lot of company growth worldwide. We have customers in 80 countries and our solutions can be found in all verticals from cutting-edge tech companies in Silicon Valley to universities and major banks.
Your role in the team
You will be a highly valued part of the sales team who helps with the lead qualification process. You will work in close collaboration with the Account Executives in our Portland office to generate leads and provide with valuable insights about prospective customer’ main challenges.
You will work under the Portland Sales Team Leader. You should know that we work by a mantra of lifting each other up. People skills and communication are a huge part of the job.
- Drive the outbound prospecting effort for your territories in support of your account executives’ sales strategy
- Research potential new prospects using various web-based tools
- Execute strategic prospecting campaigns to target accounts and executive personas via phone, email, social, and other avenues
- Develop new sales opportunities with qualified buyers and keep your account executives’ pipelines full
- Maintain a consistently high level of outbound call volumes with daily/weekly call expectations of 40/200
- Participate in regular planning, strategy, and training meetings with peers, account executives, sales management, and marketing
What to expect
You can expect a fast-paced work environment where idea to implementation is only limited by one’s own ingenuity.
We also expect from you that you enjoy and are able to work independently and have a keen sense of responsibility over your work. In return, you’ll get great autonomy, influence and the opportunity to create your dream role within Meetio.
We think you have at least a couple of years of working experience in a similar role and a relevant education. Besides that, our main focus is finding a great team player who’s motivated, curious and willing to learn. However, a preferred skillset would include at least some of the following:
- Highly motivated and driven self-starter with a history of achievement in personal and work goals
- Excellent relationship building skills with a strong sense of curiosity
- An innate ability to extract information and business requirement from prospects
- Quick on your feet and great communication skills both in speech and writing
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize where to direct your focus
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience, preferably as an SDR or telemarketing/telesales/sales in the tech or startup industry
- Experience in using CRM, sales automation tools and social medias in a modern sales environment
- Relevant education, preferably in a business field marketing, economics, communications etc
- Excellent communication skills in English (speach and writing)
- Spanish language is a plus
Initially you're expected to gain experience in your field, develop product and service knowledge and build your reputation and track record as a Sales Development Representative. Once established as a Sales Development Representative you will have the opportunity to grow into a role as Account Executive, Customer Success Advisor, or Marketer depending on your own goals and desires.
Perks & benefits
- Competitive salary
- Bonus opportunity
- Retirement plan with company match
- Insurance (health, dental and vision)
- A generous PTO structure
- Attractive location in Portland city center
- Computer and phone with free calls/sms/data
- Yearly bonus trip opportunity
If you’re interested, send us a description of why you’d be the perfect new team member for our Portland office and include your resume.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment background check.