We are looking to expand our team with new members that’s all about writing code. In our dev team, we do (almost) everything ourselves. As an Android Developer in a team of multiple technologies, you will be implementing features across our platforms, with focus on our Android products, making offices as smart as the people in them.
Meetio set a new standard for meeting room management with the introduction of the Room-tablet in 2014. Today, Meetio offers industry leading software solutions for hot desking, mobile scheduling, wayfinding, and room management – always with focus on simplicity, ease-of-use, and efficiency.
Together we are a tightly knit team in three offices spanning over two continents. We have just begun our journey to make workplaces around the world as smart as the people in them. Join us and grow together with us!
Your role in the team
Our development team consist of 12 members within various disciplines, broken down into two teams. You will be joining the fast-paced Resource Team and will be working with implementing and maintaining our products and features, both existing and new.
Your role in the team will be to implement Android development best practices for our apps running on a multitude of Android devices, including tablets, phones, mega-tablets/TV’s, and more.
Here are some examples of things that you might do:
- Developing well-structured Android applications using dependency injection and MVVM, with build and deploy pipelines for Android app delivery, with test frameworks, staging, versioning, logging, and automated deploys.
- Transferring your intuition for graphic design, UI, and UX to our apps.
- Debugging and troubleshooting.
- Taking ownership of several features and modules of our software, from idea to production.
Collaboration is something that we highly value. You will be collaborating not only with your fellow team members but also other people in the organisation, like support, sales, marketing, and more.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with a few years of experience and who thrives in a varied role, whether it is developing new features, fixing bugs, tweaking the build process or participate in technical discussions, you are all about it.
We also think you have people and communications skills since a big part of the job is to collaborate, explain, discuss, help, teach and support other people inte the team.
Other things that we think you need for this role:
- 3+ years solid experience of android development in Java or Kotlin
- A talent for understanding, explaining, and solving complex problems
- A motivation for teamwork and willingness to learn and grow as a team
Other experiences that we do not require of you, but would come in handy (could also be potential growth areas for you):
- Experience of using Android hardware API’s
- A feeling for UX and UI design
- Calendar or user integrations towards GSuite, Office 365, or Outlook Exchange
- Mobile app development for iOS
- DevOps (CI/CD pipelines, infra, staging, QA)
What we offer
Limitless possibilities to create your own dream role within Meetio, a fast-paced work environment where idea to implementation is only limited by one's own ingenuity. Besides great coworkers, challenging and rewarding work and an inspiring environment, here are some examples of perks and benefits that we are offering:
- Flexible workplace (combine working from home and the office)
- Competitive salary
- Yearly budget for personal development training
- Pension plan and insurances
- Monday morning breakfast, daily fruits, and unlimited amounts of coffee
- A generous "friskvårdsbidrag"
- One hour a week for hitting the gym, taking a jog etc. during working hours
- No "karensavdrag" when you are home sick
- Extended parental leave pay and VAB contribution
- Computer and a phone of your choice with free calls and data included
- Yearly bonus trip opportunity
Sounds pretty good, right? Apply only with a few clicks.
Do you have a GitHub account with any fun projects? Or maybe you like to help other people in the developer community over at StackOverflow? Let us know!