We are looking to expand our team with new members that’s all about writing code. In our dev team, we do (almost) everything ourselves. As a Backend Developer in the team, you will take ownership of several features and modules of our software, from idea to production, and build scalable, highly available and robust systems.
Meetio set a new standard for meeting room management with the introduction of the Room-tablet in 2014. Today, Meetio offers industry leading software solutions for hot desking, mobile scheduling, wayfinding, and room management – always with focus on simplicity, ease-of-use, and efficiency.
Together we are a tightly knit team in three offices spanning over two continents. We have just begun our journey to make workplaces around the world as smart as the people in them. Join us and grow together with us!
Your role in the team
Our development team today consist of 12 members within various disciplines. The team is fast-paced, and we all work with implementing and maintaining our products and features, both existing and new. Your role in the team will include things like:
- Code in our backend webservice in either PHP, Kotlin, and/or NodeJS.
- Implement models and API’s that extend over time.
- Debugging and troubleshooting.
Collaboration is something that we highly value. You will be collaborating not only with your fellow team members but also other people in the organization, like support, sales, marketing, and more.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with a couple of years of experience and who thrive in a varied role, whether it is developing new features, fixing bugs, tweaking the build process or participate in technical discussions, you're all about it.
You may or may not have worked in a small team before, however it is something you feel excited about doing. We take great pride in working closely together and helping each other out, and you do too.
Things that we think you need for this role:
- 2+ years solid experience of either PHP or Kotlin (or both)
- 2+ years API development experience
- A talent for understanding, explaining, and solving complex problems
- A motivation for teamwork and willingness to learn and grow as a team
Other experiences that we do not require of you, but would come in handy in this role (could also be potential growth areas for you):
- Java (for web service development), Kotlin, NodeJS, Typescript and PHP
- Authentication system development and calendar integrations
- Cloud infrastructure platforms as AWS or Azure
What we offer
Limitless possibilities to create your own dream role within Meetio, a fast-paced work environment where idea to implementation is only limited by one's own ingenuity. Besides great coworkers, challenging and rewarding work and an inspiring environment here are a few example of perks and benefits that we are offering:
- Flexible workplace (combine working from home and the office)
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan and insurances
- Monday morning breakfast, daily fruits, and unlimited amounts of coffee
- A generous "friskvårdsbidrag"
- One hour a week for hitting the gym, taking a jog etc. during working hours
- No "karensavdrag" when you are home sick
- Extended parental leave pay and VAB contribution
- Computer and a phone of your choice with free calls and data included
- Yearly bonus trip opportunity
Sounds pretty good, right? Apply only with a few clicks.
Do you have a GitHub account with any fun projects? Or maybe you like to help other people in the developer community over at StackOverflow? Let us know!